Khor Fakkan, United Arab Emirates
Interior designers plan the design of living and commercial environments. They then manage the work of turning their ideas into a reality. They need to design a space that is practical for its purpose as well as visually pleasing.
Projects can be broad in scope, ranging from structural alterations to the choice of furnishings, curtains, wallpaper and lighting. The role includes:
- working to a brief, which details what the space will be used for
- inspecting and surveying buildings
- negotiating fees and setting schedules for the project
- researching and drawing up rough plans
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- supervising the work as it is carried out.
Interior designers typically work 39 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Designers are based in design studios, although a lot of time is spent on location. Self-employed designers may work from home.
Salaries may range from around £18,000 to £60,000 a year or more.
An interior designer must have:
- creativity and imagination
- an eye for design, including colour, and good 3D awareness
- the ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- good drawing and IT skills
- an interest in changing trends in design.
Job Location :
Khor Fakkan - Sharjah - United Arab Emirates
Preferred Channel for Communication :
Is CV Required? :
Experience Required(Yr) :